Election Education Books Donated
Mason County District Library, with branches in Ludington and Scottville, is pleased to have accepted a donation of children’s election education books recently. Following is the press release with details.
MASON COUNTY MUNICIPAL CLERKS’ ASSOCIATION DONATES ELECTION EDUCATION BOOKS TO MASON COUNTY DISTRICT LIBRARY
Ludington, Mich. – August 9, 2022 – The Mason County Municipal Clerks’ Association donated several books focused on election education to the Mason County District Library. Two sets of books were given for distribution through both the Ludington and Scottville Libraries.
- Snoopy for President! Peanuts by Maggie Testa
- One Vote, Two Votes, I Vote, You Vote, Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library by Bonnie Worth
- If I Had Your Vote by Cat in the Hat, Random House
- Ballot Battles: The History of Disputed Elections in the United States, Edward Foley
- Thank you for Voting Young Readers’ Edition: The Past, Present and Future of Voting, Eric Geiger Smith
- Votes of Confidence, 2nd Edition: A Young Person’s Guide to American Elections, Jeff Fleischer
The Mason County Municipal Clerks’ Association membership is comprised of elected and appointed clerks and deputy clerks of the governmental units within Mason County.
The purposes of the Mason County Municipal Clerks’ Association include but are not limited to the following.
- To foster communication among its members.
- To promote inter-governmental cooperation.
- To promote improvements in the performance of the duties of the Clerk’s Office through the sharing of information and ideas.
- To address legislative matters relating to the responsibilities of the Clerk’s Office.
Picture attached from left to right are Amber Township Clerk Theresa Rohde, Eden Township Clerk Julie Van Dyke, Mason County District Library Head of Youth Services Emily Garland, Pere Marquette Clerk Rachelle Enbody, Free Soil Clerk Lynda Papes and Mason County District Library Director Eric Smith.