Fall in love with Libby, the new ebook and audiobook from OverDrive! Libby was voted one of the best new apps for 2017 by Google. It’s one-tap digital borrowing app. Just download, add your library card, and start reading!
Some of the great features include:
- Adjustable playback speed on audiobook
- Display the book progress by page or by percent
- Tap underlined texts in the app to filter loans, sort by due date, and more
- Tag titles to organize titles that you have read, loved, disliked, or want to read
- Reversible jackets – book jackets swap sides when browsing to show what is borrowed or on hold
- Also Available As shows you if the title is available as both an audiobook and a book
- Sample any book in one tap. The book opens instantly and you can read up to 10% of the book before borrowing
- Wait List information shows you how long you might expect to wait based on the number books the library owns and the number in the wait list
- Change your reading settings by color, font size, or use OpenDyslexic font
- Sort and filter searches, apply your preferences, do advances searches
- Instantly send any book that supports Kindle to your Kindle reading device
- Activity tracking in app – see what and when you’ve borrowed , when holds were placed, and book return dates
Most of these tips are covered in this blog by Overdrive.