Library of Michigan eResources
The Library of Michigan site now houses government, legal and Michigan content that had been contained on MeL (Michigan Electronic Library).*
- The Michigan Materials area includes links to County Guides, Historical Research Collections, Michigan Imprints from 1851-1876, Michigan Bibliographies and Michigan Digital Collections.
- The Newspapers area includes links to the Library of Michigan’s holdings, other newspaper resources and links to Michigan newspapers, and an alphabetical listing of newspaper family histories.
Content from the MeL Government Portal can now be found at the Library of Michigan site under “Government Information” in the “For the Public” section.
- There is a Michigan Documents area, a Michigan Local Documents area, and a Federal Documents area.
- On the Government page, a wealth of information can be found including links to the Library of Michigan’s ANSWER Catalog, the Catalog of Government Publications, Governing Michigan, the HathiTrust Digital Library and govinfo, a service of the U.S. Government Publishing Office. Links to state and federal government website archives are also available, as well as contact information for Government Documents staff at the Library of Michigan.
Content from the MeL Legal Portal can now be found at the Library of Michigan site under “Law Library” in the “For the Public” section.
- Here users will find connections to Directories, Research Databases (including Governing Michigan), Research Guides, Statutes, Regulations and Decisions and contact information for the Law Library. Trending legal cases can be found in the “Top Information Links” area and include updates on current top legal concerns.
*Information from Liz Breed of the MeL Team, published in the Mid-Michigan Library League “News of Interest” newsletter, November 2018.