MeL eResources opens the door to dozens of resources that are free and easy to search. Popular databases include:
- A to Z Databases
- Detailed information on 30 million businesses and executives and 2 million new businesses. Includes data on over 200 million residents as well as new movers/homeowners. Special features include a background and criminal history search. Information provided on U. S. healthcare professionals. Includes a jobs database and email marketing.
- Auto Repair Source
- Repair information and schedules, diagrams, parts and labor estimates, service alerts, and recalls. Covers thousands of domestic and imported vehicles.
- Britannica School
- Nonfiction content geared for K-12 students. Includes over 132,000 encyclopedia articles, 103,000 images, 7,500 multimedia elements, more than 27,000 eBooks, and novels and essays. Tools include translation for 50+ languages and read-aloud functionality. Includes Lexile ranges and alignment with Michigan Department of Education Academic Standards across a variety of subjects.
- Consumer Reports
- Provides clear reviews of commonly purchased products. Consumer Reports uses careful research, consumer insights, journalism, and policy expertise to help you inform purchase decisions. Also works to improve the products and services that businesses deliver, and drive regulatory and fair competitive practices.
- LearningExpress Library
- Includes a resume builder you can save, edit, and print. Over 700 courses, practice tests, tutorials, eBooks, and flashcards. Practice tests include ACT, SAT, PSAT and TOEFL, as well as trade certification, civil service, math and reading tests, and U.S. citizenship. Create a free account to access tools to help you do well on your college admissions tests and essay.
- MasterFILE Complete
- Broad collection of popular full-text magazines and reference books. Contains Consumer Reports. Covers subjects including: business, health, education, fitness, sports and leisure, personal finance, general science, multicultural issues, DIY, and fashion. Also includes photos, maps, and flags.
- NoveList Plus
- Contains information on over 260,000 fiction and readable nonfiction titles. Features lists of award-winning books, book discussion guides, Read-a-Like recommendations, and complete series information. Also includes reader ratings and reviews. Create your own reading wish list.
- Referencia Latina
- Spanish-language resource. Covers academic and non-academic subjects. Offers content from reference books, general interest magazines, health reports, and other sources. Daily updates from a dozen newspapers from ten Latin American countries and more than 2,500 health reports.
Note: Some databases may require your Michigan Driver’s License, some require your library member number, and a few require that you are on a computer in Michigan.