Patron Behavior Policy
Inappropriate behavior would include, but not be limited to, the following conduct or behaviors:
• Loud, disruptive conversations
• Use of profane and/or abusive language
• Sleeping in the library in a manner that occupies additional seating, or creates an audible disturbance, or blocks access
• Engaging in any behavior that the reasonable library user would find to be disruptive, harassing, or threatening in nature to library users or staff, including stalking, prolonged staring at, or following another with the intent to annoy, or intentionally behaving in a manner that could reasonably be expected to annoy or disturb other patrons
• Possessing, selling, distributing, consuming or being under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or controlled substance
• Committing or attempting to commit any activity that would constitute a violation of any federal, state or local ordinance
• Smoking or other use of tobacco anywhere on library property
• Engaging in any sexual contact, activities, or conduct
• Selling, soliciting, surveying, distributing written materials, panhandling or canvassing for any political, charitable or religious purposes without prior authorization by the library.
• Not wearing shoes or shirt within the library premises
• Improperly using library restrooms or facilities for purposes such as bathing, shaving or laundering
• Violating the library’s rules for acceptable use of the internet and public computers
• Adults not accompanied by a child shall not loiter in the children’s room
• Adults not accompanied by a teenager shall not loiter in the teen area
• Engaging in any physically intimidating or assault-like behavior, including making any threats of violence or unlawful activities.
• The library has a policy of zero tolerance for threats or acts of violence. Any person engaging in such behaviors will be immediately ejected from the library.
Patrons engaged in inappropriate behavior may be asked to leave the library.