Public Computers & Wi-Fi
Public access computers and Internet workstations are provided by the library as a service to library users. In order to facilitate their use the following rules have been established:
- You MUST sign up at the main desk to use the Internet workstations, and ONLY the person signed up may use the computer during the period reserved.
- These computers are for accessing the Internet, world wide web, email, and selected services, and are for RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.
- The library staff will assist wherever possible, but will not be expected to provide basic or Internet tutoring.
- Access to ‘Adult Sites’ is STRICTLY PROHIBITED, as is viewing obscene or pornographic images from web sites or email. The library randomly monitors workstations to assure compliance with this rule. Attempting to ‘hack’ into the library’s network, abusing the computers or engaging in loud, disruptive or inappropriate behavior is not permitted.
- Patrons under the age of 18 MUST have a valid library registration and WRITTEN APPROVAL from parent/guardian to use these computers. Children under 8 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to use the internet.
- A reserved block of time equals 30 minutes on all public access computers. Once the original reserved time has expired, and there are no other patrons waiting to use the computers, a patron can ask for additional time.
WiFi is available in both the Ludington and Scottville libraries. Search for the network with the name of the library.